Coming Up ...6 June 2020
Sunday weapons 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Tuesday weapons 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesday low-impact 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Thursday weapons 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Friday regular class 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday weapons 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
[More Upcoming Events]
The A/C issue has been resolved!
We plan to resume training in the dojo on June 1, 2020.
Here's the schedule:
- Sunday weapons 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday weapons 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday low-impact 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday weapons 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Friday regular class 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday weapons 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
There are some guidelines as to how we'll behave in the dojo:
- Wear your gi to the dojo or have only one person in a changing area at a time. We may also use the bathrooms and shower room to change.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before and after training.
- You are required to wear a mask. This is more to protect others than it is to protect yourself.
- Sanitize weapons before and after use with Lysol.
- Don't trade weapons with another person; continue using the weapons you are using.
- Try to maintain a six-foot separation from others who are training.
- Launder your gi after each use. If you don't have a clean gi to wear, wear street clothes, but launder those afterward, as well.
I know this seems like a bit of a load to put on everyone, but we need to be cautious as we move into this new paradigm.
We will ask you to sign a COVID-19 waiver. We feel this is a necessary precaution on our part.
Also remember, if you don't feel comfortable coming to training at this time, don't! It's OK. You need to do what you need to do. Please do stay in touch!
Training will be a bit different from what it was before this pandemic started, but flexibility is one of the characteristics of the Aikidoka (Aikido practitioner). Let's continue the journey![More]